As you may know, Passover ended last night for most folks who celebrate it. As such, the Baker can return to baking and eating and the Baker’s sister can return to eating.
But, before we bid the holiday adieu until next year, we thought we’d leave you with two holiday recipes made by the Baker’s colleague: the Passover Brownie (basically fudge) and Crimsel (kosher for passover muffins). For more recipes from the Baker’s colleague, see: http://www.anybrowser.org/cdaveb/recipes
Crimsel (kosher for passover muffins)
- 2 cups matzo meal
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup melted shortening
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dissolve salt and sugar in boiling water; pour over matzo meal.
- Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add melted shortening and eggs; mix well.
- Pour into greased muffin tin (like cupcakes) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in 450 degree oven.
- Let cool somewhat and serve (tastes good hot & cold).
Passover Brownies (kosher for passover)
- 18 oz. Nestle’s chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine
- 6 jumbo eggs
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tsps. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups matzah cake flour (meal)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips with margarine. Cool.
- Beat eggs, salt, and sugar till light.
- Add vanilla.
- Add matzah cake flour and mix well.
- Bake 35 min.